I was 2 or 3. I've always liked to read until I fall asleep. Please notice that I'm reading about Bert and Ernie.
Laine and I had a lot of Bert and Ernie stuff growing up. We always thought they were brothers. We told Robert this once and he said, "They don't look anything alike and they're completely different people! Why would you think they're brothers?"
We looked at him.
The look was a lot like this:
How could such opposites be anything but brothers?!
Our lives are practically parallel with theirs:
- we had to live together against our will
- one is cheerful and one is grumpy
- one is darker
- one is orderly and the other seems a little out of control
- one sticks to cool tones and the other can wear warm tones
- one likes loud music and having friends over and parties and the other likes fowl
And, please notice the presence of Ernie in the crib. We had two sets of Bert and Ernie dolls. Laine pulled the felt eyes off of all of them. It was very sad, and I remain very cranky about it. When I bring this up, she laughs at me.
They're definitely brothers.