Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Summer vacation pictures


On our way back from Oklahoma this summer, we stopped in Mountainburg at the park because I've always wanted to see their dinosaurs.  Oh, and I thought Evelyn might like it too.  Sure, that too.

 

They're pretty big!


While we were there, a couple of teenagers backed into my car (the only other thing in the parking lot) and killed the back bumper and we had to wait forever for the cop to show up because he was at the scene of a dog attack. It was all very summer-in-a-small town and Cody requested we get off the scenic route and hit the interstate as quickly as possible after this.


Anyway, Evelyn played on the swings and bounced around a lot while we waited for the very tired, very sweaty police officer.  She even climbed in some of the dinosaurs!

 And I took this picture of her because I'm a mature and caring parent.


Cody took some cute pictures of her as well, looking all bright and summery while she explored.


This is probably one of my Top 5 favorite pictures of the summer.  It's so cheesy and could have been taken any time in the last 40 years or so.  It's very summer vacation-y to me and we've got a dumb story to tell about the day I took this picture of my very best girl and her dad and a dinosaur.


No comments: