Sunday, October 2, 2016

We had an anniversary adventure




Cody and I went to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art a few days before our anniversary.  Mom picked up Evelyn from school that day and they had a sleepover on a school night.  Clearly, we were all partying pretty hard.

Cody and I hit the road as soon as we dropped Evelyn off at school (late) and I was nervous that she would get sick or that Cody would get sick or that something would somehow go wrong and we wouldn't get to go before the exhibit on folk art left.

Mom told me I would probably cry and I did a little bit a few times!

But we did.  The drive was great and we had an absolute blast. It was beautiful!  I took a bunch of pictures!  For people who were so excited to have a kid-free day, we sure did talk about our kid a lot.  This sculpture really reminded us of her because she's in a spider phase again.



Now here's a slew of things that Americans made that WERE JUST SO GREAT.


SO GREAT.  IF I EVER HAVE A HOUSE IT WILL HAVE A WEATHER VANE LIKE THIS.


IT WAS ALL SO GOOD.  I HAD A PERMANENT GRIN ON MY FACE AND I WANDERED AROUND WITH MY HANDS CLASPED TO MY CHEST IN AWE.



I love this couple.  They seem fun.




This is a rug that made me gasp audibly.  It probably wasn't used to ever cover a floor, which is good.  I would murder someone if they ever put their feet on this.  But only far away from this because I wouldn't want to mess it up.




We stopped for lunch and then checked out the rest of the museum:













We stopped at the gift shop. We wished we had time to explore the trails.  We took pictures of each other.

I wore my shawl. It was great.
We talked all the home (and took a break for Braum's!  It was so greasy!), and it was a wonderful, wonderful day.

And on our actual anniversary? 


The three of us went to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner.  It was fantastic!

What a blessed ten years it's been.

No comments: