Thursday, October 27, 2016

A birthday post for Sara


Sara had a birthday a while ago and I'm just getting around to posting about it.  It was just that big of a birthday.  I know I say this for every life event everyone ever has every single time, but she had a big year. 

I really mean it this time.

For starters, Laine nearly set her on fire with her own cake.















New job, new place, new name, new nephew, and one of those great big milestone birthdays all in a span of 365 days.

At just a few hours old, I could tell that Calvin probably liked her better than he did me.
She did some aunt things that made the rest of us throw up our hands in despair.  (I will never be the cool aunt. It just can't happen around her!)  In February, she and Evelyn had an afternoon's worth of marvelous adventures.  And then they had a sleepover adventure this summer that Evelyn is still talking about.



She goes out to Memphis on a whim sometimes to party with her nephews, and sometimes she plans trips so she can go out and be helpful.  She also buys the best pajamas.  Ask anyone.  Or just ask Ellis:


She had to stop doing Crossfit, but she's doing some other kind of fitness thing.  (I don't know a lot about exercise, but she sure does.)

She spoils the kids, Marie Kondo'd her life, and generally has a lot of opinions on how the world should run.  I think she even managed to attend a couple of Razorback games in this past year somewhere.

She's super great at nearly everything she does, so I know this year will be even better than the last.  Happy (super belated) birthday, Sara!

PS: she also went to Oaklawn and looked like this with Levi on Good Friday.  It's not super relevant, but I always like it when the 'little kids' are together and enjoying things. Plus, they look fantastic.





No comments: