Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Cousin adventure, belatedly

I meant to go to Memphis all summer, I really did.  I finally did it a couple of weeks before Evelyn went back to school.  We met up with Laine and the boys at the Children's Museum of Memphis and climbed all over everything.  I'd never been, but it was air conditioned (the most important part of that day) and there were tons of cool things to check out.

Like this plane. FedEx donated a plane that kids can check out.  I'm told Ellis doesn't usually like to go inside, but Evelyn was game so he was too.







These children should not be dentists.


Evelyn liked the rock-climbing wall and tried it a few times.


Ellis was a little stressed out about it and kept telling her to get down.










Oh look!  A Calvin sighting!



After a few hours at the museum, we went back to the house and the kids played for hours and hours.  I'm not sure for how long, but they did watch Toy Story 3.  I visited with Laine, ate a sandwich, snuggled kids, and had some coffee for the drive home.  Evelyn slept almost the entire way home.  She would have probably passed out sooner, but was busy pouting at how she didn't want to leave.  Whatever, kid.  We'll have to go back some time soon. 

No comments: