Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Shawl lady

I finished my shawl!  I marched through this project in about a week.  I had a few missteps in the very beginning and I'm glad I kept unraveling and restarting so this would turn out as nicely as I was imagining it.


Now it's a lovely dream come true.  The pattern, The Age of Brass and Steam, is one of my favorites because it's so easy to follow and allows for as much tinkering as you want.  Notes on that here.


 It's large and soft and colorful. 


I can't wear until the weather gets a lot cooler, but I plan to wear this thing draped over my shoulders all the time in the coming months.  I couldn't be happier with it.

Sometimes Cody tries to get candid pictures of me laughing or smiling. It doesn't usually turn out great, but I was super tickled while I modeling this.


And! I had a tiny bit left of yarn left, so I made some coasters for my office.  They are also soft and colorful and great.  For now, I can look use them under my cups of coffee and tea and look forward to my shawl.


No comments: