Monday, June 27, 2016

On my way to becoming a shawl person

I've tried a few shawls, but only the kinds of patterns that I can smoosh up around my neck like a scarf.  I feel a little self-conscious about trying to be a shawl person and I don't know why.  It's not like I've been fooling anyone with those kerchiefs that I try to wear like casual wraps or large cowls.

But I bought some yarn last weekend and now I'm apparently a changed woman.


I cast on this shawl and I'm maybe a day or two from finishing up.  It's much larger now.


I like the feel of the yarn, and all of those crazy colors just seem great.  It's not going to match anything, so I guess it's going to match everything I wear!  I'm going to look like a crazy shawl lady and I'm pretty pumped.

I'm already planning my next shawl...

No comments: