Monday, January 18, 2016

Some things I made

I've done some knitting and crocheting in the past couple of weeks.  I'm taking a bit of a break now, but I wanted to throw the pictures up here.

This is the blanket I knitted for Evelyn's new baby at Christmas time.  It's the Diagonal Baby Blanket from Lion Brand (free if you have an account).  It calls for 3 skeins of Homespun, but I used about 3/4 of one to make it baby doll-sized.  I started decreasing around 65 stitches.  She was pretty happy with it, so I was happy with it.


And here are some socks!  I was mostly following a recipe, and these worked out pretty well.  I'm not a super precise knitter, so it was nice to have some guidelines to follow instead of exact rules.  I used up some stash yarn, and got to participate in a group challenge on Ravelry.


Speaking of stash yarn, I used some cotton scraps and a stray skein to crochet some dishcloths that I blogged about over at the Leisure Arts blogI also wrote about a cowl that I crocheted.  I've been thinking a lot about building up my gift stash this year, and picking a few bloggable projects and following some knitalong prompts on Ravelry has been a fun way to get this year's making off to a good start.

No comments: