Thursday, December 17, 2015

I'm 33

Today's my birthday.  I celebrated by taking Evelyn to a follow-up visit with her asthma doctor. The respiratory therapist thought she was doing incredibly well.  She also gave Evelyn a 'happy birthday' sticker to give to me because Evelyn told her it was my birthday.  She told the receptionist that she had a dinner of chicken and corn a few days ago.  She showed everyone her new Barbie doll that she got in her class's gift exchange.  She gave a candy cane to her doctor, who was my doctor when I was younger.

We went to the capitol and saw the Christmas tree and listened to carolers.  We went to the visitors' desk to ask how they set up the tree.  A man told Evelyn that the tree is artificial and made up of over 100 pieces.

We went to Wendy's for lunch, which is her favorite and maybe mine. 

We went home, dealt with a tantrum, did some other stuff, read some books, and then she went to my parents' house for Christmas break adventures (and I made plans with her gram to set up some grandparent time. The girl is social!).  Then I did a bunch of laundry.

If 33 can be this sweet and low-key all the time, I'd be a happy camper.  I got some lovely texts and messages.  I got to see some family people.  I drank a bunch of tea and wore my favorite flannel shirt.  I wrote a post and didn't bother to upload a picture.

I liked 32.  I think this could be even better.

No comments: