Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving three times over

Tuesday: the harvest feast at Evelyn's school



Wednesday: the Thanksgiving baby festival at my parents' house





Evelyn set the table.



Both kids are standing on a stool. Such a helpful team!

Thursday: the Thanksgiving dinner with Cody's extended family (or: kid festival, part 2)







Such a good holiday.  We ate a lot and visited a lot and I held 2 babies in a twenty-four-hour period.  The rain held off until Friday. I shopped at a couple of small stores (including the yarn store!) and took Evelyn out to play at her grandparents' house.  She spent the night and Cody and I went out for burgers like we're the kind of people who go on dates or something.

I'm about to get Evelyn ready for bed, and Advent begins tomorrow.  If the weather and my runny nose permit, we'll go to church.  The Christmas tree is up, I'm feeling very cozy with my knitting projects, and Evelyn's in a puzzle phase again.  Things are pretty lovely at the moment.

Happy holidays!

No comments: