Thursday, September 3, 2015

It's September

I started a lot of books in August, but didn't finish any.  On Evelyn's second day of school, we went to the library and I checked out a bunch of books about time management and parenting.  Bless our librarians for checking out my books and keeping their sympathetic looks from being too over-the-top.

I want to re-read the book of Micah.  Evelyn wanted to go to church on Sunday, so we trekked out to my parents' church and I got to sit through a lesson on 7 or 8 verses from Micah.  It was pretty fun. 

I'm still sifting through some extra things.  I'm trying to get rid of extra clutter because I'm tired of keeping up with extra things and keeping them clean and because having things just kind of stresses me out.  I tried to tackle most of our things before Evelyn went to school because I knew life would speed up a bit and needed fewer things slowing us down.  Work has slowed down now, which means I can take a little time to decompress and to tackle some things I've had to put off for the last few months.  I've been trying to use my down time to take care of stuff I've put off and get ahead on projects for things I'll need when life gets busy again.  Still, anytime I talk to friends--and sometimes even family--I feel like I've just come out of a cave.  People have been socializing and eating in restaurants and watching movies and I feel like I'm blinking and disoriented in sunlight.

I'll get there.  I printed pictures for the first time in nearly a year recently.  I wrote a note to an aunt.  I called my Mamaw this morning (she's doing great!).

It's going to be a good month.

No comments: