Sunday, August 9, 2015

Really, all my dreams are coming true

I've tried to spin on a drop spindle a few times, with a sort-of okay outcome. 

 
But Evelyn has discovered it and now we've worked together to make yarn a couple of times now.


She's pretty patient for her, and she feels really big doing this.  Just controlling the tension has helped me practice a bit more because she turns the spindle--and at a pretty consistent rate.  We make a good team.



She's starting to realize that this is going to take a while to get enough yarn to make something (Lord help us), but I think that's probably a good thing.  I want her to learn the value and time that go into things almost as much as I want to play pioneer in an air-conditioned apartment.  She knows that after this we'll wind the yarn on a knitty noddy and give a bath, and then we'll wind it into a ball.  Then I'll have to keep attempting to explain crochet. 

The spinning might be the funnest part for us!  We've got a few more ounces left of this wool, and I'm going to enjoy playing around with this now that I've got so much great help.

No comments: