Thursday, June 4, 2015

Trimming down

Last night, I cut my hair.  I've been growing it out for a while but I'd kind of forgotten that I don't like having long hair.  Sometimes I do, but on the days I don't have time that limp ponytail doesn't look so great.  Plus, sometimes I really love having shoulder-length hair.  So now it's slightly shorter than that and I love it.

Tonight I cut Cody's hair.  It's nothing spectacular, but it's probably the best job I've done of cutting someone's hair with a beard trimmer while trying to create a discernible space between the end of his hair and the beginning of his neck. 

I've been exercising.  I like being active, but I strongly dislike exercise.  But I need a little bit more activity to firm up a little and manage my nerves.  Also, I have maybe gained weight and I hate shopping for new clothes more than I hate working out.  This is much cheaper.  Plus, it's called the Wonder Woman Workout.  Obviously I've had to try it.  I can make it through one and a half sets after a week if I skip the punching sit-ups.

I've been using up some of my yarn stash and I've finished up some projects.  Evelyn's been taking her board books off the shelf and stowing them away for her cousin.  Cody's been trying to clear out the cabinets a bit.  Any fruit that's past its prime gets smushed up and frozen into popsicles.  I don't know if we're super conscious about this bit of paring down, but I'm seeing the trend and I kind of like it.


Especially the popsicles.

No comments: