Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Dishcloth of the Week: I can't stop

Remember when I went crazy and crocheted up a billion dishcloths a month or so ago and had very little dishcloth yarn left in my stash and I was going to take a break from dishcloths?  That was a very restful month, I guess, because I was in Michaels a few weeks ago buying another blasted skein of Red Heart when I saw that the cotton yarn was on sale. So I bought 2 skeins of cute variegated yarns and made this after thinking about patterns for a few days.


Then I realized I'd had this particular pattern in my Ravelry queue for months and months, so here we are!  It's just single crochet stitches worked in the back loops every row, but the effect is pretty cool with the variegated yarn. 


I left the border off because this is pretty stretchy and I wanted to leave it that way. It looks good on either side, and the texture will probably make it extra scrubby.


Pattern: #19, The Big Book of Dishcloths
Yarn: Sugar'n Cream Ombres, Mod Ombre
Hook: I
Yardage: 70ish yards
Size: approximately 9" x 9"

No comments: