Thursday, April 23, 2015

Dishcloth of the week: Simple, Plain Garter Stitch

This is the dishcloth I made for Sara when she hosted Easter at her house. 


I also included this garter stitch bunny because she likes Easter decorations and I had made one for Evelyn, so I figured it would be cute if they had matching presents.


I'm not sure I ever uploaded Easter pictures here.

I've been kind of busy and, frankly, just felt like being away from the computer.  It's fun to not compose sentences in my head, and to do just about anything other than look at a computer screen after looking at a computer screen all day.

But things are good.  I'll eventually get around to posts about last week's family reunion or how I think Nickelback is the perfect country and western band.  But for now I'm knitting and crocheting through every last yard of my cotton yarn and I'm making a million dishcloths. 

Fine, it's not really a million.  But I am up to 20 since some time last week.

Anyway, this particular dishcloth:


Simple, Plain Dishcloth pattern from Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Knitting.
Yarn: maybe half a skein of Sugar 'n Cream in the bright green and some scraps of the pink
Needle: #7

I've made this several times, and usually play around with the number of stitches I cast on.  I think this time it was 35.  I don't get super concerned about gauge since Sara just uses them for decoration, so I was more concerned with colors.  She liked it, and I like it.

No comments: