Thursday, March 19, 2015

Yarn

This is an old picture from when my stash was cute and manageable.  I have some of this yarn still.

I have been trying to knit and crochet my way through some of the unwanted portions of my yarn stash--and some of the yarns I've been looking forward to using--but the destashing process hasn't been going quite as quickly as I've wanted.  I had gathered up some yarn a few weeks ago and it's been riding around in my car for a while.  I have a friend who works with kids, and I texted her a few nights ago to ask "Hey, would you want some yarn for your kids?"  When she said she did, I got down to some serious business. 

I didn't take a picture of what all I gathered up because Jesus said that's tacky, but I rounded up an extra couple of bags and I finally got to rearrange some of the boxes and packages in my craft area to where things look a bit tidier and I can find more of my stuff.  I'm excited and my friend and her kiddos are (I hope) going to really enjoy doing whatever crafty things kids do with miles upon miles of yarn of every weight, color, and texture.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I made the decision a few months ago that I can not buy any more yarn until I use up most of what I have. I am slowly working my way through my rather large stash. It's really hard not to buy new yarn lol.