Monday, March 30, 2015

The perfect hat for fall

I knitted the Antler Hat in some nice brown Cascade 220 and now I have a really on-point hat for fall.  Yes, April is almost here.  But I think I'm just really prepared now!  Let's go with that.


I've had the pattern in my Ravelry library for a while now, and I decided to make this for my March hat.  I had a couple of earlier attempts for other hats that didn't quite work out, so I grabbed a skein of the brown yarn and cast this on mostly on a whim.  So many cables.  So. many. cables.


I made this in the largest size because I felt like it.  Seriously.  You cast on 104 stitches for the largest size, and I wanted a project large enough that I could move it around comfortably on a circular needle.  I just wasn't in the mood for double pointed needles.  I made this with all the pattern repeats and now I have a super slouchy hat that's good and woodland-y.


I have 5 more skeins of this yarn left to do something with.  I was going to make a sweater for myself, but then I realized I just don't want to.  I like hats and cowls and sometimes even mittens, but I'm probably not a sweater knitter.  It's fine.  I'm building up a sweet collection of hats.


And!  I have to thank Evelyn for taking some of these pictures of me modeling the hat, like the one at the very top of this post.  She's getting super steady with my camera, and I always appreciate her help.

No comments: