Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Square for Day 4 and other WIPs

Here's tonight's square.


I'm trying to get all of my acrylic worsted weight yarn into one zippable bag (think like the kind a comforter would come in) and it's currently too full to hold it all.  Goodness gracious.  A few nights ago, I reached into a project to check out the squares I started crocheting for an afghan back in August because I was clearly insane and found....a bottle of Mtn. Dew.

I need to clear some more of this stuff out.  The best way would be to finish up some of my works-in-progress.  Here are a couple I've neglected for too long.  I thought I'd take some more recent pictures of them and post them for WIP Wednesday.  With 10 minutes to spare.

I'm still working on the Terribly Simple shawl by Caitlin Ffrench.  It's coming along nicely, but I haven't worked on it in a while.  I'm so close to finishing!  This always happens.


This the Super Easy Baby Blanket by Purl Soho.  It's just single crochet stitches for about 6" and then it's time for a new color.  I'm trying to use up some of my more stoic-looking colors.


The gray portion is a little shorter than the rest because I ran out of yarn.  And then later found some more yarn this past weekend.  I am terribly ready to get back to this blanket and use up some more yarn.  I'm a big fan of having lots of supplies on hand, but I need to be able to find what I want or need.  Blegh.


Anyway, here are the colors I plan to use once I'm past the white portion.  I'll need at least one more color after the brown, but I'm not sure if I'll use a dark brown or a burnt orange.  


I can think about it while I'm working on garter stitch or little single crochet stitches.  

No comments: