Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 3 and November's book list

I only finished one book in November.  Oh well.

The Graveminder. Melissa Marr.*

I saw this on the shelf at the library one weekend and grabbed it on a whim.  It was right after Halloween and I was still in the mood for a story about quiet towns and old traditions and family secrets.  Et cetera.  It felt like reading a young adult novel, which made sense when I looked up the author and discovered this was her first 'grown up' novel.  The story idea was pretty interesting, but the dialogue was pretty....implausible.  "Stilted" doesn't do it justice.  And why does everything have to have a romantic subplot? Why?!

Still, I read it all the way through.  I realize I'm not telling you what it was actually about.  That's fine.

Here's today's Advent square.  I thought about doing something light after the first two squares, but I think I'll go back to cold, wintery colors for the next few squares.


No comments: