Sunday, November 9, 2014

I made a sweater because I love her


I made a sweater for Evelyn!  It's a Tomten Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman.  This is the third one I've made for her.  You'd think I'd get tired of making this pattern, but I don't. Which is good, because I'm working on a matching one for Ellis.

I finished up weaving in my ends and knitting the front border and seaming the arms last week.  Evelyn went to the yarn store with me yesterday to pick out the buttons.  This is what she chose:


Little black cats! 


I sewed them on this morning and took pictures of her in her new sweater in her Gram's back yard.  She spent the night last night and I maybe took the sweater with me to get her to come home with me.
 

She was pretty pleased with it, and I've been ridiculously ecstatic over this. 

 

I've been working on this sweater for a couple of months and it took forever because I had a few other obligations fora while, and this sweater is a bit bigger than usual because I had to add a few rows here and there in the back and hood because she's getting so tall.  I'm already wondering if the sleeves are long enough. 

 

The garter stitch makes a springy fabric.  It's all stretchy and adorable, and I love the colors on her.  She's happy with the buttons.  I'm happy that I made this. 

 

The yarn is some regular ol' Berroco Vintage and this should wash easily.  She looked precious and kind of woodland-y when she hopped around in the leaves.


 

She thinks she can climb trees, and she kind of can once someone lifts her up into the tree and holds onto her.  Good thing this sweater is sturdy!


 

I'm so happy with this little sweater, and I'm so happy that she likes it too.  As simple and pleasant as this pattern is to make, I don't make sweaters for many people--especially once they're bigger than your average newborn.  But I think I'm going to make sweaters for this girl as long as she'll wear them. 



No comments: