Saturday, November 22, 2014

Dishcloth of the week: the Basic Dishcloth in Bright Colors

I'm making dishcloths again. I knew I would, of course.  You can't stay away from this kind of fun.


Once upon a time, I used to make a dishcloth every week. And write about it.


I thought I'd go ahead and keep writing about it.  I'm going to be making dishcloths quite a bit until the end of the year for gifts, and it's fun to have a record of these things.


So here we are, with the dishcloth of the week.  (Yes, that DOES mean I plan to do another post next week!) This is the Basic Dishcloth in Bright Colors from Dishcloths.


H hook, half a skein of Sugar n' Cream per dishcloth, and a mix of single and double crochet stitches. Finished size is around 8" X 8".  Quick, easy, super textured, and this bundle is going to a friend's niece as part of a Christmas present.  This looks great in bright solids and I liked working these up.


4 comments:

Anita Stafford said...

Love, love these! The colors are so happy!

Jen said...

Thank you! I think I forgot to mention that these are for a little girl--the colors seem well-suited for a spunky little cleaner!

Journey Basic said...

I made these using the "H" hook and they are so thick and so heavy, I have difficulty in using these for dishcloths ... and I also used Sugar and Cream for the yarn as well.

Jen said...

Well, darn it. I've noticed with some stitch patterns, the stitch pattern can stretch out and loosen up with use and washings and with others things can stay bunched up even more. I do have to confess that I've moved up to an I hook for the past couple of months and that's kept the fabric nice and loose without being too open.