Sunday, October 19, 2014

We went to the fair!

The three of us went to the Arkansas State Fair yesterday.  We skipped the rides again this year, but I think next year we'll definitely have to go on the Ferris wheel.  Evelyn walked most of the time, which is why she watched a couple of dairy goat shows and looked absolutely riveted at the junior cattle showmanship show.  Cody and I tried to explain that her grandparents think she would enjoy raising show cows, but I'm not sure she understood.  She was pretty worn out.

Her favorite part was milking model cows.  Cody's favorite part was the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission trailer aquarium at the Hall of Industry.  My favorite part was going to the Starr Barn to freak out over all the fancy breed chickens.  (Cody and Evelyn were very patient and didn't even seem to be embarrassed by me.  And I was squealing a lot, I have to say.)

We saw a little bit of everything, ate some food, and held hands the whole time.  Maybe that was my favorite part.







































No comments: