Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Trip 2014!

The first time we took Evelyn to the pumpkin patch, it was too cold.  The second year we went it was too hot.  This year, though?  Perfect.  We went in the morning, while the weather was still kind of cool.  And there were breezes and shady spots when the day warmed up.  I know I'm carrying on about the weather a lot but I nearly vomited from the heat last year, and the year before that we accidentally took a baby out in 38 degree weather with nothing on her hands and then it rained on us.  So yesterday's beautiful weather was thrilling.  Seriously, I got thrilled.

Evelyn and I met up with Brook and Jessi for just a girls' trip.  Actually, Chris was there too but it doesn't count because he's Brook's husband.  Cody sat this one out because he really doesn't enjoy the pumpkin patch and Evelyn didn't even seem to notice he was missing.  She was delighted to tell him about our adventures later, and he was delighted to hear about them.

Also, we wore our matching hats.  I can probably die happy now, but I'll keep hanging on because I haven't finished her little Tomten jacket and there are more babies out there who need pumpkin hats and Santa hats.  I'm sure there are other reasons I should be pumped about this mortal coil, but right now I'm just really into making hats.

Anyway, on to the pictures!


Piglet races!  Tammy Swynette won and Jessi was so pleased.

A maze!  She did this at least 4 times.





She says she's going to grow to be taller than Chris.  I don't know how that will happen, but I don't doubt that it could.


This year she was big enough to ride the little train!  Most photos with me in them are by Chris.












I love my friends.  I love them even more when they haul my junk around in wagons.  Evelyn also rode in the wagon before we filled it up.  Girlfriend was flat-out reclining in that thing.  I had to wake her up at 9:50 just to make it out there around 10:30!  I think her day at the fair really wore her out.


Every year for these two.


I have one with her fake smile (after some bribing and coercion), but I like this one better.  She really was a trooper, though.


Her favorite part, after the maze.



She wanted me to be the sheep.


Such a good day.  We got a big pumpkin, but I haven't taken a picture of it.  Jessi paid for it to simplify getting out of there (it was starting to get crowded and we were starting to get hungry), and then she said I didn't have to pay her back.  That was very sweet.  Evelyn has colored on it with markers and it's sitting in the middle of our living room.   It's a nice reminder of a super nice time.

No comments: