Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Over and out

Today was my last day blogging for Leisure Arts.

I feel a little weird about it because I hate quitting things.  But I'm relieved.  Work is going to get busy (busier) soon and when I'm done working at the end of the day, I'd like to be able to go home and be done with the day.  Because going home and taking care of my family while I wait for Evelyn to go to bed so I can work some more....just wasn't working.  Which sucks, but it is what it is. 

So.  Here we are.  I can focus more on my real job and my family and other interests.  And maybe even take naps or do something social on the weekend without it throwing my entire week out of whack because I didn't spend that time crafting and writing.  And the fun part is that I can still knit.  Obviously.  And I can even take pictures of my knitting and post them online and talk all about the projects.  I can even save something witty if it's been a big day for coffee.  But I don't have to, and I think that's what I'm looking forward to the most. 


I learned a lot about knitting and crocheting, and I think (hope?) that I got a little stronger as a writer over the last 2 years.  And the extra money always came in handy.  And it was fun to show up at corporate headquarters, where people were really nice to me.  There was a lot about it that I loved.  But it was eating up a huge chunk of my life.  I'm looking forward to getting that time back.  Evelyn is some sort of hiking and running champion, and the weather is about to get a lot better for outdoor activities.  There's all sorts of adventures out there and we're going to enjoy a bunch more of them now.  And tonight, after Evelyn goes to bed, I'm going to paint my nails.  

Some of those adventures are a little smaller than others.

No comments: