Friday, August 1, 2014

Reasons to be Excited for August!

 
I have a good feeling, y'all.  I just do.  I'm looking forward to August and everything it holds.  Here's a list!

  • Sara will have a birthday!
  • My parents will celebrate their wedding anniversary!
  • It's still the most wonderful time of the year for produce!  I know that sounds shallow after talking about my parents' long and glorious union and my sister's birthday, but summer produce is glorious.  I'm hoping to find a seedless watermelon at the farmers market tomorrow, even!
  • I joined another knitswap.  I think I know what hat I'm going to knit for my partner, and I'm looking forward to trying out some new techniques to do so.
  • Notebooks are going to be on sale!
  • I'm going to take some time off from work before things get hectic.  If this nice weather keeps up, I'm going to drag poor little Evelyn all over this lovely state.  I'm rattling off plans about those really pretty caves, and the natural bridge, and nearby Pinnacle Mountain, and maybe even some state park-type attractions!  I'm incredibly excited.
  • I think I'm close enough to Evelyn's half-birthday to go ahead and round up her age to three and a half.  I've been doing it for a while now, but I think it will be honest 'enough' in August.  She's the biggest big girl in the whole world!
  • Actually, she says she's Arthur.  That weird animal (aardvark?  Mouse?) with the books and cartoons.  We've been reading lots of Arthur books to her lately, and she likes to be Arthur.  Last month she was Doc McStuffins.  Before that she was Olivia (the pig).  I can't wait to see who else she'll be this month.

No comments: