Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Quilt Exhibit in Argenta

There's an exhibit at the Argenta branch of Laman Library going on right now called "The Sum of Many Parts: Quiltmakers in Contemporary America" that features quilts from textile artists and more traditional quilters alike.  I went to see it Saturday (and okay, again on Monday) to look at these amazing quilts.  I had wanted to write about the quilt names and all the artists, but I'll never get this published if I try that.  So here are the quilts.  You have until August 5 to see it for yourself!  It's a pretty small exhibit, but pretty wonderful and if you haven't seen the new library in the old post office this would be a great time to go.


























I love our not-so-little-anymore library and I'm really excited about its exhibits.  I maybe wish this one could stick around just a little bit longer, though.  Still, I think I'll be dragging Evelyn into the gallery to check this out just a few more times to see it before its gone.

No comments: