Monday, December 16, 2013

We took Evelyn to see Santa and Mrs. Claus

Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus were at the trolley this weekend, so we went by to say "hi."  Evelyn loves the trolleys anyway, and I thought it would be nice to stop by and see them.  Last year, Evelyn sat in a seat across from them and made them compliment her shoes and that was the extent of her socializing.  And that's fine.  No need to get all cozy with strangers.

But this year Cody and I went ahead and brought her on.


Some baby was screaming bloody murder.  She didn't like that.


She did like her candy cane, though.  It was the star of the hour, honestly.


I was surprised that Evelyn was okay with Mrs. Claus holding her, but she was.  So I took a bunch of pictures and they all cracked me up. 






They were very nice, and she did at least wave 'goodbye' to them. 

This was Cody's first Christmas-y Saturday with us.....probably ever, so I had him take some pictures of us.  Here I am with my girl and the hat she finally wanted to start wearing (a year after I made it).



And then I took some pictures of Cody and Evelyn together because, like I said, it was his first trolley Saturday holiday.




They both liked more than they look like they did, as usual.  Once we unwrapped the candy, sticky happiness ensued.  (And I kept the camera far away from Evelyn for its own safety.)  It was a lovely morning.

1 comment:

Debbie Arnold said...

Looks like Evelyn took to the trolley ride and the Clauses just fine! Merry Christmas.