Sunday, December 1, 2013

Reasons to be excited for December

  • Birthdays! Mom's! My nephew's! Mine! Chad's! Levi's!  A bunch of friends and extended family members will be celebrating this month.
  • My nephew will soon have his birth-day!  He'll get a name!  We'll get to meet him!  It's probably going to be one of the best parts of this month.
  • Christmas! With a two-year-old!  We put up our tree a few days ago, and Evelyn kept yelling "Ta da!  We made Christmas!" While wearing a headband with reindeer on it.  And insisting we sing "Jingle Bells."
  • Front-facing car seats!  Guys, driving around to look at Christmas lights just got so real.
  • Christmas decorations!  I need to throw up some new granny square banners.
  • The year will end!  Seriously, 2013 has had its finer moments but overall this kind of sucked.  It officially sucked.  If 2014 could have a little more employment and a little less stressing about money, we would be a much happier family.
  • Year-end lists.  I enjoy those.
  • I'm starting to wonder if January's list is going to include Christmas decor as well.  We're living in a pretty magical time in terms of child-rearing, and I wouldn't mind prolonging all this festiveness and excitement--especially once we Evelyn have new toys to enjoy.
  • Christmas food.
  • That dead week between Christmas and New Years.  I like it.
  • Rearranging ornaments every single night.  I can see the appeal.

No comments: