Wednesday, November 27, 2013

So close and yet so far away


Forget the Beyond Puepernium pattern.  I cast on the regular ol' Puepernium with worsted weight yarn and Size 6 needles and I had a worthy sweater for my toddler.  My very skinny toddler.  After adding a few increase rows and some extra repeats in the body of the sweater.  It was intended to be for a newborn, but my gauge swatch lied to me again.

I started adding yellow stripes when I realized my gray wasn't going to last.


Which is also why I just did a few rows of garter stitch in yellow for the sleeves.  This is going to look adorable over a long-sleeved t-shirt.


I just have to sew on buttons.  Like, 8 of them.  Stitching won't wiggle that much in garter stitch, will it? (Yes, I know it will.) 

It's going to look adorable with a long-sleeved t-shirt.  It's going to look adorable with a long-sleeved t-shirt.  It's going to look adorable with a long-sleeved t-shirt.......

No comments: