Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Our Wild Child-Free Evening

Evelyn is out in the country having grandparent adventures, so Cody and I started our fun celebration of couple time as soon as I got home from work.

I jumped in the shower to shave my legs because I never have time for that.  After I scrubbed caked-on oatmeal off the table, we sat down and had a serious discussion about our finances and his job application options.  With all that out of the way, we ran some errands.

I returned some yarn to a craft store, and then I bought more yarn with the money I got back.

And then we made a joke about Hello Kitty and things got serious and one thing led to another, and now I'm going to make Cody and Evelyn matching Hello Kitty-inspired hats.  Yes, with the red bow and everything.

From there we went to one of those crowded stores and Satan tested our marriage as we tried to shop for kitchen gadgets while reading a registry.  Also, we were hungry.  We were hungry and shopping for kitchen supplies.  It was more stressful than our talk about money and family responsibilities.  I'm completely serious.

Also, while we waited to check out, I looked down and realized I hadn't changed out of my relaxing and planning clothes.  I had Cody take a picture of my amazing casual style once we got home.


He is so blessed to have me.

Frozen pizza is now in the oven.  We're watching British television on DVD.  I'm going to knit a baby sweater.

Sorry if you're jealous about my life.  If you'll excuse me, I'm going to look for some Hello Kitty hat patterns.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Somehow, I missed this one. The very next weekend we had our kid-free night. We ate frozen pizza and watched two old movies that I never watched when they came out on DVD. I think that I also shaved my legs. Fortunately, we stayed away from the kitchen gadgets!

Jen said...

Great minds, Amber. Great minds.