Thursday, September 19, 2013

I took time off. The world seems to work fine without me.

I'm on Day 2 of my long-fantasized vacation.  I'm basically having a five-day weekend. 

So far, I've:
  • gone to baby time at the library with Evelyn, something I've been missing since November of last year. We both really enjoyed ourselves.
  • gone shopping with my mom and daughter for my sister and her son.  So much family stuff!
  • worked like crazy to come up with projects and posts for the Leisure Arts blog.  Hey, it's nice to be able to have time to do it, especially because I know getting a few posts ahead will give me some free time in the future!
  • attended a marketing meeting.  I am adult.
  • taken 75 pictures.  Most of them weren't Evelyn.  I'm a slacker.
  • considered pulling out Mom's sewing machine to make a quilt top.  Then I gave in to fear and decided to make it a weekend project.
  • eaten pizza.
  • done 3 loads of laundry. 
  • made lists with Cody about things to sell or donate.
  • thought a lot about the color orange.
  • read at least 60% of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and been bored with roughly 80%  it.
  • met my British television quota for the week.  Lucky for me, there's no rule against exceeding that quota because Cody picked up Season 2 of Foyle's War on DVD at the library for me.
  • rocked Evelyn before her nap twice while she elbowed me in all kinds of soft, squishy places as I tried to remember the last time I exercised and then got distracted by sniffing her hair.
I have 3 more days!  I want to take some clothes by a consignment shop!  And sew!  And knit!  And maybe organize a kitchen cabinet!  I love time.  Especially this time.  I'm happy.

This is her monster face.  And yes, we have coffee together as a family.

No comments: