Monday, July 22, 2013

An Anniversary Post for Laine and Robert

I woke up this morning thinking that today was the 19th.  But then I checked my phone and discovered three things:
  1. I had overslept.
  2. It was the 22nd.
  3. Our utility bill should have been mailed out last week.
I'm not too talented at keeping up with calendars and Hallmark cards and things, which is why I didn't remember to mail Laine and Robert a card for their wedding anniversary!  In fact, when I emailed Laine this morning I almost joked "It's no big deal. It's not like the five-year anniversary is important or anything!"

But then I remembered they've been married for SIX years.

Time flies when you're not paying attention, I guess?

Year 6 has been pretty dadgummed awesome.

Robert graduated!

Laine got pregnant!

What more do I need to say?!  Most people coast on that kind of awesomeness for years--separately!  And they've not only done that, but Robert is also a nurse!  With gout!  Laine started a blog!  She posts pictures like this!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/76a211cb58697357edea9d57e88f5517/tumblr_mqcucgCb0q1rhnzi0o1_500.jpg
So pretty.

But!  They're not content with the accomplishments of this past year!  No!  Onward and upward and with even more people at the party!  They're finding out if they're having a son or a daughter on Friday!  This little person might even be born on my birthday!

They have so many adventures ahead of them and I just can't wait.

Guys, I think it's going to be a really great year.   Happy, happy anniversary!

No comments: