Monday, June 10, 2013

These days


I'm bad at pictures lately.  And I'm a little too grouchy for writing most days.  But we're good for the most part.  My whole family was together yesterday and the day before.  Evelyn loved it.  She also got to hang out with her Gram last night while Cody, Casey, and I went to see the new Star Trek movie.  Lots of shouting, lots of explosions, and lots of close-ups.  Everyone's eyelashes were fabulous.

Laine is 29 now, and we went ahead and celebrated Father's Day for Dad since we were all together.

Evelyn has two more teeth coming in.  She's up in everyone's business all the time.  She likes to dance, and will usually ignore me completely if a grandparent is in the room.  (Unless she's tired.)  She also likes her aunts.  She does not like bugs.  She has rediscovered her love of cantaloupe and watermelon.  Sometimes she pretends to read to herself, and she counts things.  The total usually comes to 9, but sometimes it's 10.  Even if there are just 3 objects in front of her, she gets so excited about counting that I guess she can't stop herself.

Robert has gout, and we kind of made fun of him for it.  He's taking medicine and should be better soon, though.

Chad hurt his back, I think while hauling hay (I miss a lot of news sometimes.  There are usually 4 discussions taking place at once).

Cody gets sore and tired because he's working out, but I kind of don't care.  I'm tense and unsympathetic.  You can really tell he's getting in better shape, though.  He says he has better energy, but this is Cody we're talking about, so I can't really spot the difference.

He's had some baking orders, because he's a good baker.

Sometimes he rubs my hands and arms because I've been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting lately and I'm starting to have some repetitive motion problems.  It doesn't help that I keep starting projects with tiny yarn and tiny needles.  And the projects aren't tiny!

Here's Laine opening her cowl that I made her for her birthday.  It's 400 or so yards of lace weight alpaca.


Evelyn was an excellent helper with the present opening, and then she was really enthused about Laine's pearl earrings.  I should probably start saving up for her own pair now.  This kid.....









She's so silly and stubborn and weird and fancy.  I should really take pictures of other people some time, but I usually forget to when she's around.

Here are some pictures from our early Father's Day party.



I made them matching hats!



 Laine got a shirt that simultaneously called Dad old and let him wear around the visage of his favorite actor.


And then she found this and Sara gave her money so it would technically be Sara's gift because wouldn't you want to claim that you were the gift-giver of this amazing treasure?



[not pictured: whatever Levi gave him, the dress shoes Mom gave him, and Sara and Evelyn playing adorably with sidewalk chalk as Sara wrote out "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, BIG DADDY RICK!"]

See?  I need to take more pictures.

1 comment:

Laine said...

I'm so glad y'all noticed Sara's chalk art, ha! And, Evelyn is really good at helping to open presents, I think these pictures prove that.