Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer solstice

It's the longest day of the year.  And it's the longest workday of the week.  It just is.  I even get to leave early so I can pick up Cody and Evelyn and get Cody's car out of the shop.  Finally.

Then we'll play.  Evelyn likes her little turtle pool on the balcony, and sometimes I knit and watch her splash around in it.  Mostly she just climbs in and out and throws things into it, proclaiming "Splash."

She wore a cap most of last night.

I have finished one book all year.

I'm unbelievably sleepy today, and I don't know why.  I've been taking it pretty easy this week and now it's like I'm infected with laziness.  I'm letting all kinds of things slide and I probably have a lot to catch up on.  For now, though, I don't care.

I'm wearing a dress I normally don't wear unless it's the weekend.  Cody and I are going out for ice cream tomorrow.  It's quiet at work right now.

I think that's it.


No comments: