Friday, March 1, 2013

Reasons to be excited for March!

March is looking completely out of control.  I'm not even sure if I mean that in a good way.  But there's a lot of excitement this month!  So many things!  All the time!

The Little Rock Marathon is this weekend!  We might be housebound because of how they block the roads. Maybe Evelyn can cheer some runners on.

The Argenta library's Sit 'n' Stitch is Saturday morning at 11.  Yay for knitting!  In a library!

St. Patrick's Day!  There's a parade downtown that Evelyn liked last year.  I say that because there were horses, which she likes.  And motorcycles, which she loves.

The Central Arkansas Library will have their basement sale on the 9th and 10th--next weekend.  The last time I went I bought a copy of She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain for Evelyn that we have since had to sing hundreds of times.  Next time, I'll be sure to leaf through the children's books to see whether they're appreciating cultures, or just appropriating them.  (I have little patience for the Magical Appalachian trope.)

I'm co-hosting a wedding shower with Jessi this weekend!  We're so good at co-hosting showers!  And it's for Brook!  Because she's getting married!  To Chris!  I'm really excited.

And two weeks after that, Jessi and I get to help Brook throw a shower for Mandy!  Who is having twins! With Jason!  My invitation came in the mail last night and I'm so happy to celebrate these little girls and their parents.

Then there are birthdays: Brook, Robert, Cody, and Casey!

And Evelyn.

That's the big one.  Evelyn June is turning two whole years old on the 15th.  Man, I love that little girl.


Even when she's not overly fond of me back.

No comments: