Monday, March 18, 2013

Evelyn's Second Birthday Party!

Evelyn didn't feel that great on her birthday, or on the day of her party.  But she did have fun here and there, and we got to see friends and family.  I took her out to play in the morning while Cody baked the rest of her cake.


She was really interested in this spotlight.  I don't know why.


She liked it a lot.  So much so that she stopped what she was doing (touching it and babbling) to say "Yay yay yay yay!" and clap her hands.


I asked her if she'd take out her pacifier and smile for me.  This is what I got.  I like it.


She took a looooong nap after lunch, and we set up the living room for a little bunny party.


















My dad put this together before the party and brought it in before she ever woke up from her nap.



I finally woke her up and put her in a cute little dress.  For the most part, she wanted to sit in my lap and then we rocked in the recliner for the rest of the party.  She'd kiss people goodbye, but only after being assured that they wouldn't pick her up.  Poor thing.  She was more interested in her presents the next day.














She's feeling much better today, and she really loves her toys.  She's been coloring and playing with her cookware and Cody said it bothers her when the talking dog's ears move.  He looked over at it this morning and noticed she'd forced her tiara on its head to hold them in place.  Oh.

We were really happy to see the grandparents and aunts and uncles who came to play (even if I didn't get to do a lot of visiting).  Our living room looks very celebratory still, and it will probably stay that way for the rest of the week.  I had fun getting ready, even if Evelyn didn't enjoy her day that much.  I wasn't expecting her to be too impressed with tulips and knitted bunnies anyway.  The Peter Rabbit carousel was a big hit, though, and will live on the coffee table until Easter.

The big girl had her two-year check-up today and got to put the shots off until next week because she's still not at her best.  She's nearly 32.5" tall, and weighs nearly 20 pounds.  Cody said the doctor didn't mention anything about growth percentiles and charts.  I can only hope that means we never have to talk about them ever again because toddlerhood doesn't involve that nonsense.  She walks and eats and dances and talks and likes to read books and pretend to bite my face.  She is a much-loved little girl.  Just like last year, I'm not putting up all the present-opening pictures, or making a list of everything she got because it makes me feel gross.  But everyone loves her, and likes to demonstrate it with presents and with actions and with their joy in her little life.

She's two years old and we can celebrate every day.  So we will.  Hooray for you, Evelyn June!

1 comment:

Mom2Four said...

She is such a wonderful two year old that I think she should get to celebrate for two weeks!!!!

It was a beautiful party for the very best little girl in the world. I know that she will enjoy her things and we enjoyed finding them for her.