Friday, January 4, 2013

Just an update.

Hey there.

It feels like it's been a long week.  I think it has been a long week.

Work is busy.  Life is busy.

Evelyn has been incredibly happy lately, and that makes us incredibly happy.  She's been playing with her Christmas toys and books, putting shoes on her feet, and running around with a phone (real or toy) stuck to her head and starting off her jabbering conversations with "Hawullll".  She has a lot of vocal inflection.

I read the last 2 Hunger Games books (that I bought for Cody's Christmas present) and I still don't know if I'm ready to talk about it.

I'm reorganizing my craft corner.

I'm trying to reorganize a lot of things so that life will be a little easier in the next few months.

I realize everything I say and do makes it sound like I'm dropping hints about pregnancy.

There is no pregnancy here.

I have been nostalgic, though.  My work is getting pretty intense and we're going through our old routines and practices and I can't help but get all wistful about how I was preparing for a busy few months and for a new little person in my great big belly.  Sometimes I miss all of Evelyn's crazy movements.

Then I drink twice as much caffeine as I did when I was pregnant, and Evelyn gives me a kiss, and I don't miss it.

Evelyn gives kisses now.  It's probably the sweetest thing you've ever seen.

She spent the night with my parents last night.  They bought her a suitcase for her sleepover adventures and she really loves it.







Now that gift knitting is out of the way, I have an embarrassing amount of yarn and patterns I want to get to.

Cody's made a lot of bread lately.

Our asthma is unpleasant, but Evelyn's runny nose is gone.

I'm looking forward to writing my 2012 book list.

I guess that's it.

No comments: