Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Robert graduated!

Hooray!  Robert, who is my favorite brother-in-law who is a nurse, graduated from nursing school this weekend!  We're very proud!  There were lots of hugs!  Laine took pictures with my camera!  Mom's going to steal them from this post!

Ours is an email-challenged family.  Just ask Laine, who got 8 emails of the same pictures from me this morning because of some difficulties.

Anyway, here is Robert graduating!








And here's Kevin!  He's Robert's best friend.  I know this because Laine bought them toboggans that say "Best Friends" and sometimes they were them out in public together.




Evelyn was entertained with stickers, books, and staring at people behind us.  My dad put this sticker on her nose.


These are some very proud, very happy, and very tired kids.  They've both worked incredibly hard for the past couple of years.  I couldn't be happier for them.


I left in this blurry picture because you can see Mr. Guy (Robert's dad) smiling in the background.  Everybody was happy.



Here's Robert's cousin, Annie.  She lives with Laine and Robert, and she and Evelyn are now great friends.  Evelyn wanted me to come get here once she remembered I existed, but I took a picture first.  Her eyes were originally red, and this is how Microsoft fixed it.  Much better, Microsoft.  Thank you.  Heckuva job.


Not pictured: everybody eating hushpuppies and little kids running around and taxidermied animals heads and several proud siblings, parents, grandparents, cousins, and an aunt.  It was a really great day.

Evelyn and I made it home (she'd come up with my parents) with a minimum of drama, and this is how I kept her happy on the last leg of the journey:

She was so sleepy that night, her face looked so much more babyish than it normally does.  I got her out of the car when we came home and she smiled like she did when she was 8 or 9 months old.  I love her faces.

She slept for half of the drive, ate for some more of it, and then we pulled over in some gas station less than an hour from home to read some books, play a little, and drink some water.  She really enjoyed this sports bottle, so I let her ride with it.  I could hear her drinking as I drove, and figured all was well.  It was, in the sense that water isn't sticky or difficult to clean up.  Removing the car seat cover and letting it dry overnight was a bit trickier, but at least I wasn't the one to reassemble the car seat.  That made a good weekend even better!  Just an awesome, awesome time.

Congratulations to Robert again!  Proud of you, buddy.

No comments: