Monday, December 3, 2012

Reasons to be excited about December

I'm not sure how to even narrow it down when I talk about all the things I like about December.  But let's try!  The fun stuff has already started--Evelyn and I went to a family reunion on Saturday, and then we all went to holiday open house at the Mosiac Templars Cultural Center because Cody entered the sweet potato pie contest--but there's a lot of good stuff ahead.

Here's the pictures from the pie event, though.  Because Cody's pie is the featured photo on this news story. I'm proud.  He's a champion baker, and I like it when people know that.  He didn't win, but several judges remarked on how cool he is to put fish sauce in sweet potato pie.


The only dude competitor there....

Okay, let's go:

Christmas decorations!  Most of ours are up.  I was super brave and amazing yesterday morning and hauled everything out while Evelyn ran between the living room and the kitchen and kept trying to put the ornaments back in the boxes.



Christmas lights!  I think this year we'll get Evelyn out and about more, and look at some displays.

My mom's birthday!  Because that's a big deal.

Robert is graduating from nursing school!  Also a very big deal.

I turn 30!  It doesn't feel like it's that big of a deal, but I'm looking forward to it.

Chad has a birthday on the Winter Solstice!  That's always a lot of fun.

Christmas!

Levi has a birthday!  There's six years between us, which is really weird because he's turning 24.  I'm officially not 25 anymore.  I don't get it.  So strange.

There's going to be Christmas parties and a baby in a Santa hat and presents and we're going to have to sing "Frosty the Snowman" with Evelyn's book at least 20 times a day.  I can't wait!

I can maybe wait on the singing Christmas music with Evelyn.  But it turns out she really, really does enjoy Christmas music so maybe I like that, too.

2 comments:

Mom2Four said...

I was so excited to see you guys on the news story. Cody was also on the story on Channel 4 but it was a really short one. Way to go, Cody!!

Christmas with Evelyn is going to be super fun this year. We really need to add animals to the nativity set for her benefit.

The reunion was certainly upgraded by the attendance of you girls. Thanks for coming.

Laine said...

I'm super impressed with Cody's pie! Very nice.

Also - I think Evelyn needs the Hansen Christmas CD, if you don't already have it...