Monday, November 5, 2012

Things I'm looking forward to




  1. The heat being turned on in my office.
  2. Dad having his shoulder surgery tomorrow and being completely okay. Fingers crossed.
  3. A year in which no one in my family has some kind of surgery. I think 2006 was our last year.
  4. Getting my car door fixed.  It should be happening soon!
  5. Election Day! I love America.
  6. Thursday.  There's Election Day, and then there's the day after Election Day.  I like the day after the day after Election Day because that's when people stop threatening to move to Canada and/or screaming "WAKE UP, AMERICA!" online.
  7. Getting good and started on gift knitting.  
  8. I learned how to knit cables over the weekend.  So I'm going to knit something with cables!
  9. The day in the far-off future when people finally take down their campaign signs.  Evelyn likes to stop and pet every single one she sees.  It's fun, but it really slows down our walks and it's starting to get chilly out there!
  10. The day in the far-off future when I finally convince myself that there's no reason to be nervous around other moms because they're probably not judging me for nursing too little or eating pizza too much.  They're all too busy trying to keep up with their own dang kids.
  11. The heat being turned on in my office.  I AM SO COLD!  I didn't realize I needed my outdoor clothes to sit at a desk.
  12. Evelyn's teeth coming through.  She seems to have some that are really making her unhappy right now and we'd all like for that to happen.
  13. Being off next Monday.  Cool.
  14. Gingerbread lattes.
  15.  Seeing what Evelyn does or says next.  Last night she kept saying "Wowww!" about everything and last week she did this:   
  16. No, I don't think I have anything else to look forward to.  Everything else is pretty great already.
I hope you're great, too.

No comments: