Thursday, November 1, 2012

Baby's second Halloween and Mom's first

This year, I got to dress up my baby and take pictures and then Cody and I went to Boo at the Zoo because when people ask "Are y'all taking her to Boo at the Zoo?" you'd think we'd told someone we didn't believe in hugging children when they're sad every time we say "No, probably not."

So here are pictures of my girl eating crackers from her favorite librarians and enjoying a dark zoo and bright lights.  Most of this stuff was spur of the moment, even though I've had this costume since last year, and I've wanted to dress her like a chicken for Halloween since I found out I was pregnant.

I'm not sure why she wanted sunglasses, but she did.


And she really loves sitting on benches.







Such a big helper.

There's a metaphor here. I just know it.




And!  And!  This:

6 comments:

Robert Gray said...

I watched that video three times this morning, ha. She's so cute.

What did she think of Boo at the Zoo?

Robert Gray said...

Whoops, I was signed in to Robert's gmail, ha!

The above comment is from me.

Laine said...

I'm sorry...I'm really slow this morning...

Jen said...

I'm laughing a lot at you. She really enjoyed it! We went to the reptile house and there were lights and plenty of people to wave it. It was fun!

Amber said...

I love metaphors! And chickens.

Jen said...

Ha! I thought about saying something about how ideas of what's a fun way to celebrate holidays can change once a baby comes along, but the backdrop took care of things. I love little kids dressed as animals. So adorable.