Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Autumnal stuff


A seasonal looking stack of diapers.

Yesterday was pretty hot, but today was cool enough for Evelyn and I to play outside without me wishing for death. 

Then I wished for death some more when Evelyn played with a leaf on the ground that had fallen from a tree covered in poison ivy...aaaaaaand that leaf was a poison ivy leaf.

Now that we're scrubbed clean and she's read a book of creepy nursery rhymes for the third or fourth time today, I'm going to feed her beets for dinner.

I updated my etsy shop while she napped this afternoon.  It's just a pumpkin party over there--and I may add more in the next week or so. 

I'm still working on knitting myself a sweater.

I'm halfway through the first sleeve.  I have intense dislike for knitting sleeves, but I don't want to wear a vest.

The sweater I made for Evelyn is already a hit.  I put it on her last week, during a cool morning, and it got lots of compliments because it's a little big for her and I paired with her baby jeggings and her sparkly white shoes.  It was very late-eighties chic.  Plus, she's a very cute girl.

People said it was a really cute sweater, and I didn't say that I had made it.  I just smiled and said 'thanks' and felt really, really smug.



The first week of fall is going pretty well, I think.



1 comment:

Laine said...

I can't wait to see her in that sweater!