Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Typo Tuesday: Comfort in continuity

Last week was Argenta Restaurant Week, and so several restaurants in the area had special menu to let us common folk enjoy reduced-rate meals in some of the neighborhood's nicer places.  Cody and I took advantage of this last winter and it was one of our first babyless dates.  We chose our meals off a $25 dinner menu and enjoyed an appetizer, entree, and dessert from a restaurant we always walk by and never frequent.

Last time, I noticed an error on the menu.  I took a picture with my phone, and forgot about it.

Guess what I saw this weekend?

"Rasberry" is not "Raspberry".  It's just not.  But I was still really excited that they had the same menu as they did last time.  I picked the same items that I did last time, took a picture just like last time, and enjoyed myself just like last time.

I guess that can be comforting.

But still.  Don't do that. We're not even going to touch on the bizarre capitalization.  That raspberry sorbet was excellent and I don't want to diminish its memory.


2 comments:

Brad said...

I've found that random capitalization runs rampant among small businesses. Also, shouldn't "old world" in in "old world style" under the lasagna description be capitalized since it's a proper noun in that case? Or am I just dumb?

Jen said...

I've found that random capitalization runs rampant. Period. I'm not sure why some words seem so important to some people. And frankly, if this was my Italian restaurant, I'd be writing "Olde World Style". Go big.