Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reasons to be excited for September

September is nearly here and I can barely contain myself.  It feels like we've been waiting forever!  I nearly always get excited for September, but this particular one just sounds incredibly good to me.

  • The pumpkin spice lattes will come back.  It's first on my list for a reason.
  • You can start dressing for fall, even if we will still have ninety-degree days.
  • It's acceptable to decorate with pumpkins.
  • Dallas turns 11!  Man.  He's old.
  • Actually, lots of people are having birthdays.  Hooray!
  • Evelyn will have a half-birthday.  18 months is so big.
  • Cody and I will celebrate 6 years of marriage.
  • I have Labor Day off, and I'll be spending next Monday crashing Cody and Evelyn's Monday party.  They have fun together.
  • TV season begins.
  • College football season begins.
  • I'm teaming up with the world-famous Jessica, of Jess Craftin' fame, to (wo)man a booth at Harvestfest on the 22nd.  I'll be selling pumpkins and she'll be selling her hand-stitched cards.
  • We might have an autumn.  After such a hot summer and a long drought, I don't think we'll be enjoying a super-picturesque fall.  But a few days of autumn would still be nice.
  • Cooler weather = more outdoor adventures.  Evelyn and I are definitely going to take more walks, explore more places, and spend more time outside.  Preferably with me drinking a pumpkin spice latte.

1 comment:

Laine said...

I might have a pumpkin spice latte this weekend just to celebrate. I'll probably sweat through it, but it's September dangit!