Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Reasons to be excited about August!

It's August!  It's still summer!  But not as hot as July!

Fine. Maybe it is.

But there are good things about August.  Like this stuff:


  • Lamanpalooza!  The Laman Library system is wrapping up its summer reading program with a party!  Evelyn has been playing with a little reminder card for the event for weeks.  For her sake, I hope those clowns are there.  For my sake, I hope they're not.
  • Tax-free shopping is this weekend!  You can buy children's clothing or school supplies in the state of Arkansas and it's tax free!  I'm not leaving the house.  We'll just treat this like a statewide Little Rock Marathon and hole up with our canned goods and television on DVD.
  • Sara is having a birthday!  There will be cupcakes.
  • Jessi is having a birthday!  There will be some kind of cake for that, too.
  • My parents are celebrating their 34th wedding anniversary!  I recommend everyone celebrate everything with cake!
  • The Olympics wrap up and I can talk about the Ravellenic Games!  I can't talk about my project(s) just yet for reasons that....I can't talk about right now.
  • Regular television shows come back!
  • Back to school sales!  I'm not in school, but I do enjoy a good sale on notebooks and pencils.  Maybe I'll get something with my name on it.
  • Some sources say it's World Breastfeeding Month.  Or that this week is World Breastfeeding Week.  Either way, I'm too lazy to look it up.  But I plan to observe and celebrate the event anyway.  
  • Purl Soho is having a sale--even online!--until the end of the week.
  • It's August.  It's somewhere in my Top 5 Months and I don't even know why.  But I'm glad it's here.

1 comment:

Sadie Dear said...

I'll tell you why I like August. It is the month before September, which is one of my favorite months. August is the pits in my book... but it's so close to my favorite time of year. =)