Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Evelyn and Jessi have matching t-shirts because that's cool

Evelyn likes pictures and words a lot, and she's started noticing both of those things on t-shirts lately.  She especially likes her Aunt Jessi's "Save Ferris" shirt.

Available at fine Targets everywhere.

So Evelyn sees Jessi and points at her t-shirt and Jessi tells her "That's Cameron" every time, and now Evelyn probably thinks he's a real person that we know because that's how pictures work for her.  God help you if she gets anywhere near your refrigerator because you'll both be there for a while you say the name of every person in every picture on there because she's going to want to know.

Faces, man.  They're the best, if you ask her.

Alas, there aren't a lot of infant onesies and t-shirts with pictures on them.  Once I saw how excited she was about the superheros on one of her onesies, I thought it would be fun for her to have her very own Save Ferris shirt.




So now she has one!

This isn't a DIY post because

1. I didn't take the time to document things and
2. I'd do it differently if I did it again.

I bought a 2T black t-shirt with the Union Jack and the words "The Beatles" on the front, and a Save Ferris shirt.  I wish I'd cut out the picture of his face in a square so it would look more like the grown-up version, but I wasn't sure how much of the picture you could fit on a little baby chest.  It turns out you can fit more on a tiny torso than you'd think!

Assuming you think about these sort of things.  Because I do.

You can somewhat tell in the pictures (I never remember to take a picture of the shirt itself, and it's pretty difficult to catch a clear picture of Evelyn) that I cut out the words separately and sewed "save" to run up on one side of the picture and "Ferris" down the other.

The stitches are pretty big and sloppy because I was trying to finish the shirt before Evelyn woke up--and because sewing through the painted parts of the t-shirt (screen print only next time!) was pretty tough. Oh man, my fingers.  It's not especially tidy, but sewing with jersey isn't really my thing.  I just kept telling myself that it was punk.  Or something.

Whatever the look was, Evelyn loves it.


And Jessi?


I just want the record to show that Evelyn put on her shirt first this day.

2 comments:

arkansaseden said...

Is sewing with jersey anyone's thing? Yuck. Stupid stretch fabric.

When Geneva was a baby, my dad would make her these Bob Dylan onesies from that printable iron-on transfer paper. He would just throw his own shirts onto the photocopier and print one out. It was hilarious.

arkansaseden said...

Is sewing with jersey anyone's thing? Yuck. Stupid stretch fabric.

When Geneva was a baby, my dad would make her these Bob Dylan onesies from that printable iron-on transfer paper. He would just throw his own shirts onto the photocopier and print one out. It was hilarious.