Friday, July 20, 2012

Anniversary post for Laine and Robert

Tomorrow, Laine and Robert will celebrate five whole years of wedded bliss!

This is what bliss looked like 5 years ago.

That's such a big deal!

In the past year, Robert started his nursing program, they got a new niece AND a new nephew (on Robert's side, obviously), and they threw some parties and participated in some weddings.  They took some trips and worked on their house and are even that responsible couple you call to have them dog-sit for you.  I think that's a big deal.

They hosted the October Girl Party for the family last fall:


Laine had short hair and grew it out.

Evelyn and Laine, sweating it up at the farmers market last August.  Sorry guys.  I'm having problems with pictures.

Daydreaming of another style this June.

Robert grew out his hair and cut it off again.

When she took him to our old church on Christmas morning, a few people wished him a happy birthday.

And Leah moved out. She intended to live with them for about 6 months, and everyone was happy when she stayed longer than that.  But she has her own place now and she's still part of the family.

I saw Leah a few times over the past year, but I only remembered to get a picture of her one time.  I'm sure she's really glad I took a picture of her working, and not that time she dressed up pretty for my birthday.  Still, she's an important part of their marriage, so I wanted to include her.  You're special, Leah!

And!  And!  You'll never guess how they're celebrating their anniversary tomorrow.

Laine's going to run a 5K with Sara and Levi!  Robert will stand with Mom and Dad on the sidelines and cheer!  It's going to be 80° at race time with a high of 100° later in the day!

I know, I'm jealous too.

Actually, I've been informed that they have a date tomorrow evening.  I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun, because that's what they do.

Here is a picture of them having fun on their anniversary last year. I stole this from Laine.  And I didn't send them a card.

Guys, it's really great to watch you find the fun and funny in everything y'all do and it makes me happy that y'all are so happy.  I love that you keep each other laughing, and I can't wait for all the adventures you'll have this year.

Happy anniversary!

3 comments:

Laine said...

Thank you for our lovely post!! This next year might be the best one so far, it'll involve graduation, and a two income family, whoo hoo!

Mom2Four said...

Thanks for sharing your special day with those of us who barged in for the 5K run!!

We had a great time and are looking forward to the next one.

Dad and I will be faithful observers-again.

Jen said...

Laine, you're welcome! I can't wait for the graduation party and ensuing wealth. It's going to be great.

Mom, I hope Evelyn and I can get to be part of the festivities soon with you! We loves signs and cheering! Family race parties could become a thing.