Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Knitting post

Things I'm currently knitting:

Amiga cardigan.  I'm past the yoke and working on the lower portion of the body.  Why haven't I taken pictures yet?!  I think I'm going to like it enough to try it a second time in a lighter yarn.

Easy Baby Pullover.  Once I figured out this wouldn't fit Evelyn until some time in 2014, I lost the sense of urgency and started working on the sweater for myself.

Slouchy hat.  I think I've tried this 4 or 5 times and something's gone wrong with the size, the stitches, the yarn, or some combination of the three.  But I still think it's a cute hat! Hope and self-delusion spring eternal.

Coffee cozy.  There are about a thousand different ideas and I like to try them out every now and then even though I always just use the one I made from felt scraps.

Projects I want to try:

Thirsty Neighbor Tam  I'm going to try to use this yarn:




John Watson sweater  The link only works if you have a Ravelry account, and you only get the reference if you watched the first 2 episodes of the first Sherlock series and remember thinking, "Wow, that's a great sweater."  Which I did.  I might just watch a lot of British television to check out characters' sweaters.

EZ Baby Jacket Surprise.  I have the yarn and I have the DVD on hold at the library.  I'm going to figure this out. (Doggoneit.) Maybe the third time really is the charm.

Also:

This is a video about antique sock-knitting machines that I geeked out to but couldn't embed.  Sorry.  But the knitter in me who will never try socks AND the history fan in me just loved it enough to share with you anyway.

Lastly:

Here is a picture of Evelyn because I know you want to see one.  She's with my parents' sheepless sheep dog, Murphy.  That's mildly wool-related, right?  Sure.  He decided to guard her since there are no sheep.  I'm not sure why she needed to be herded away from me, but he stood his ground.

Get back, human lady.  The creature is mine to defend and love now.  We have no need for you or your camera.

No comments: