Friday, June 1, 2012

bits and pieces of life

I get really tired when I think about the fact that I'll be cutting Evelyn's fingernails twice a week for the next several years.  If anyone else would like to cut her nails, please step right up.

Yesterday we were walking back from the library when a woman struck up a conversation with me because we both have plots at the community garden.  I politely suffered through these social niceties and then she asked me where we lived.  Turns out we live in the same apartment complex and were both headed there.  She became as flustered as I was about this extended interaction and we deliberately took different routes to avoid walking the next 2 blocks together.  It was awesome.

We've been talking a lot about we do and what we want to do and how we want to do it at work lately.  I really like that.  Naturally, lists are involved.

I cut my hair a few weeks ago and thought I didn't like it straight.  But I do.

I don't see a haircut in Evelyn's near future.  That makes me happy.

I'm knitting this sweater for myself.

I'm also trying to learn how to knit mittens.

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.  Evelyn's in bed and Cody's at theology class.  He can't go tomorrow because no one can cover for him at work.  Sad.  He really likes that class.  I can't imagine why, but he really does like it.

Sometimes I feel like Cody and I have nearly nothing in common.  I don't even mean for that to sound like a bad thing.

The green beans on our balcony are growing like crazy.  And they're blooming!  I need to take a picture.  Our balcony is looking slightly jungle-y.  I love it.

My first marigold bloomed today.  It's yellow.

I need to wash Evelyn's diapers.  I love cloth diapering.  I know using gDiapers is like the fake and wannabe version of cloth diapering, but whatever.  I'll be a lazy cloth diaperer.  She looks cute.

The face she makes when she can't be bothered to care about your love of soakers.

Did I ever tell you I have an etsy shop?  I have an etsy shop.  It's obviously not a big deal.  I'll add to it....um, whenever I have something I need to add to it, I guess.

I have no idea what to say to you most days.  All 5 of you, according to Google Analytics.  I'm sure it shows.

I've made these green beans twice in the last few weeks and we like them a lot.  For a brief period of time I was afraid I'd fallen out of love with Martha Stewart.  But we're fine now.

I hope I never fall out of love with green beans.

I'm going to wash those diapers now.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I despise cutting kids' fingernails. I used to conveniently let my mother in law do it...I don't get that luxury anymore...

cloth diapers are cute. I admit that's the main reason I do them,

Green beans...7qts in canner as we "speak"

Jen said...

As many people as Evelyn hangs out with, you'd think someone would have grabbed some clippers and tried it by now. But no, something about a thrashing child just doesn't appeal to some folks. Odd.

They're like bloomers for every outfit. I honestly don't know if I'd be as motivated if I had a kid who never wore dresses.

Also, jealous.