Wednesday, April 11, 2012

More Easter! Bunny Thursday.

Here is a picture of a toddler wearing a bunny sweatshirt.  Sorry if you can't handle all that cute.  This post's not going to get any easier for you, though.


I don't observe Maundy Thursday or Holy Thursday or whatever else you call the Thursday before Easter because I'm American and really basic like that.  I would, however, really enjoy making Bunny Thursday a 'thing.'  Because Thursday was all about bunnies last week and it turned out to be really fun.

First off: I photographed this bunny I knitted for Evelyn.  


She does not care for it.  I'll tell you all about it sometime soon.

Then we did some bunny dress up:


Then we read several books about bunnies.  Titles included I am a Bunny, Duck and Goose find the Easter Bunny, and Goodnight Moon.


We even read The Runaway Bunny during Evelyn's twelve-month check-up (also something I'll tell you about some other time).


 Once we went home, we played with Evelyn's Easter bunny from last year!

Evelyn and the Easter bunny, last year.
If you squeeze its foot, it says "Happy Easter!" in a slightly creepy, slightly unreal voice.  Evelyn loves it.

Then we went out to play!  Evelyn wore an adorable outfit of legging jeans (hush, they're great for long car trips and playing in the floor) and a vintage* sweatshirt featuring, what else? Bunnies!


The discovery that she's in the third percentile for her weight and a round of shots would not deter this girl from climbing, grinning, and repeatedly crawling to the top of the slide like she wanted to go down all by herself and then changing her mind.  It was cute.





Next year, I really hope we have a Bunny Thursday.  This was so much fun that I can't wait to do it again!

*I think it was Sara's old shirt. I pulled it off of one of my old dolls a few months ago.

1 comment:

Laine said...

I don't remember that sweatshirt, but it is adorable! I also love those jeggings with those boat shoes. She's so stylish, good job!